Permanently closing after Fall Clean-Ups in Nov 2020.
Based in Shelby Charter Township, Metro Lawn Care Solutions SP is a registered sole proprietorship business with the County Clerk in Mt. Clemens, MI. The company provides residential and commercial lawn care, snow removal, fertilizer programs, mulch, bush trimming, small-medium tree trimming, aeration, and dethatch services. Communities supported include Shelby Twp, Rochester Hills, Troy, Sterling Heights, and part of Washington Twp.
Reviews for the company can be found on Google Maps --->
Additional reviews can be found on Facebook ---> https://www.facebook.com/pg/MetroLawnCareSolutions/reviews/?ref=page_internal
Personal Bio can be found on LinkedIn -->
Macomb County Clerk, Mt. Clemens, MI. Registration can be found here
Metro Lawn Care Solutions, SP is registered with the BBB.
Commercial insurance covering all equipment, work performed, and liability on commercial and residential properties is secured. Proof of Insurance is available upon request.
Metro Lawn Care Solutions is a small to mid-size company in the landscaping and snow removal industry. Approximately 65% of the lawn care customer base is
located in Shelby Twp. and Rochester Hills, while the other 35% is in Troy, Sterling Heights, and Washington Twp.
2019-20 lawn care working capacity is approximately 80 "weekly lawn units". This term "weekly lawn units" attempts to define what the company is capable of in terms of limitations and size of lawn care customer base:
The scale below shows how the 80 "weekly lawn unit" capacity is defined-
1 residential lawn (weekly cut) of 1/2 acre or less = 1 lawn unit
1 residential lawn (weekly cut) of of 1/2 to 1 acre = 1.5 lawn units
1 residential lawn (weekly cut) of 1 to 2 acres = 2 lawn units
1 commercial lawn (weekly cut) of 1/2 to 1 acre = 1.5 units (same as residential)
1 commercial lawn (weekly cut) of 1 to 2 acres = 2 units (same as residential)
1 commercial lawn (weekly cut) of 2 to 3 acres = 3 units
1 residential lawn (bi-weekly cut) = 0.5 lawn units
1 residential lawn (every 10 day cut) = 0.7 lawn units
Once the "80 lawn unit" limit is reached, the company is overbooked and can not comfortably handle it's workload.
Current customer base as of 2019-20 is approximately 30% commercial and 70% residential. Largest current job is approximately 3.5-4 acres (commercial).
2019-2020 snow removal working capacity is approximately 30 snow removal units within 24 hours after snowfall stop. This term "snow removal units" attempts to describe what the company is capable of in terms of limitations and size of snow removal customer base:
The scale below shows how the 30 snow removal unit capacity is defined-
1 residential job (plow driveway, blower on walkways) = 1 unit
Small condo complex or business with lot removal area of ~1 acre = 3 units
Small business lot under 2/3rds acre of removal area = 2 units
Large condo complex/business lot/nursing home/hospital with driveway areas exceeding 1 acre = 4+ units
Once the "30 snow removal unit" limit is reached, the company is overbooked and can not comfortably handle it's workload.
55% of the current snow removal customer base is located in Shelby Twp and Rochester Hills, with the other 45% located in Troy and Sterling Heights. The 2019-20 split is about 50% commercial, 50% residential
The business model is concerned with long-term viability (through 2030). The business provides local service concentrated primarily within 4 communities - Shelby Twp, Rochester Hills, Troy, and Sterling Heights. Pricing is based on a win-win mindset, where each individual/stakeholder is happy with the price and quality and likewise, Metro Lawn Care Solutions is able to generate enough revenue to cover costs of labor, equipment, repairs and other operating expenses (gas, insurance, etc.) with reasonable rates. The company shall remain a mid-size landscaping and snow removal company in the future, which allows me to gain some individual familiarity with each customer I service. - Jeff M. Hesse
Shown below are approximate service dates, with some overlap in dates due to change-over periods and weather uncertainty, especially with respect to fall clean-ups and start of first snowfall (period from Oct 20th to about Nov 20th is the most challenging time of the year)
April 15th - April 30th
April 20th - Oct 31st
Lawn, Bushes, Tree Removal (small to mid size), Mulch,
Topsoil, Core Aeration, Dethatch, Fertilizer
Oct 20th - Nov 15th
Nov 1st - March 31st
Snow Removal, Salt Spreading
Click button below to learn about the 2020 pricing schedule.